Let me admit upfront that I stole the title of this post from a Raymond billboard I saw yesterday. For someone who doesn't believe in destiny, it's nothing more than a fancy misnomer. Yet, somehow I find the title very captivating, somehow I feel like writing about it - if not a real date then at least about an imaginary one I want to have.
What would a date with destiny be like and how would it be different from a regular date? When and how, if at all, would you know that whom you just met was indeed your destiny? Would nothing go wrong on such a date, would there be an immediate unexplainable liking for each other, would you go weak in your knees or get butterflies in your stomach? Will you talk non-stop or will words seem unnecessary while your eyes do the endless talking, will time cease to move or fly by instead?
What if nothing like this happens, nothing extraordinary, nothing that you do not usually expect in a date? You meet, you look at each other, you make eye contact, you talk and you smile. Nothing more... nothing that tells you that this is special... All there is to it is an irrational feeling inside you that this one was different, that there's more to it than one can explain, that it was like never before and that there wouldn't be anything like this again... I don't know what happened and I don't know why I feel this way... all I can think of right now is - Did I just have a date with my destiny? Wish I knew...
No comments:
Post a Comment